Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

Sorry it's been so long between blogs, but with the move and everything, life's been crazy!! Monday was memorial Day and my family and I got together for a BBQ. It was supposed to be a fun evening at the park but not to our surprise it rained. It always rains at stevens family outings. It wasn't just sprinkle either, but all out thunderstorm. Luckily the park was full (yes I said luckily), because it was so full we took a huge pavilion up out of the way from all the people where we could let the kids roam at free will and not worry about one getting kidnapped or something horrible like that. So anyway luckily it was full so we went to the pavilion where we had plenty of protection. We still had fun even though it was raining. None of us were really very prepared for the sudden thunderstorm so we did our best to bundle the kids up. I wish now that I would have gotten a picture of Jakob's outfit it was awesome!! But I didn't take my camera because I couldn't find it yet after the move. I remembered about my phone camera on the way home so I got pictures of the Mikah and Zakry. Zeeky got to wear Angela's furry purple coat,













and Mikah got to wear a baby blanket tied around his neck like superman so he was pretty cool.
Doesn't the look on his face say it all? "Mom I'm cold and wet and tired and now you want to take pictures of me? Give me a break!!!"







I have to say that one of my favorite parts of this whole adventure was on the way home we got to see a double rainbow which is something that I haven't seen in a long long time. It was so beautiful you could hardly look away just in case you never got to see anything like it again. The pictures don't do it justice, you know, they never do.





It was so bright outside Rob couldn't see the road so he had to barrow my sunglasses. He looked so cute in them!!!

1 comment:

The Stevens: said...

Zakry looks cute, even in a fluffy girly jacket... Rob looks cute too, even if he is wearing girly glasses:)