Friday, October 1, 2010

My Garden

It's been really fun and rewarding to have a garden this year.  I'm still getting all kinds of veggies from it but I'm already planning on what to do different next year to make it better!!  My kids love to go out and help me pick, they climb through the towering tomatoes and pick through the prickly cucumbers.  Their hands get sticky and their shoes get muddy, but the smile on their faces when they pick "the biggest one" makes me so happy that I gave my kids this wonderful opportunity!  The produce tastes so much better then what you get from the store, did you know that vegetables actually have flavor?  Well you wouldn't really know that unless you had veggies right out of the garden!  I don't know how I ever ate tomatoes from the store, and after being so spoiled all summer it's gunna be hard to go back to store bought stuff.  I'm a little sad that in a few short weeks there will be no more tomatoes, cucumbers, and zucchini to pick as the weather turns cooler and the plants start to die.  Oh well i guess I'll just have to be ready for the growing season next year! Until then good bye sweet tomatoes and soft zucchini, good bye hot peppers and dirty potatoes, good bye beautiful green broccoli. Good bye.

2 comments:

Darren and Tessa said...

Thats the worst part about fall!!!

Melissa said...

So awesome that you had a bunch of great stuff from your garden!! I wanted to start a garden so bad this year but all I got around to planting was cucumbers and tomatoes. Oh well, better than nothing right? :) I do agree with you on the taste. It is WAY better than store bought. I will miss it very much too.